MEMBER of Henry & McCord for 45 years.
Undergraduate Degree in Business Administration from Vanderbilt University in 1976.
Juris Doctor Degree from the University of Tennessee in 1978 (Recipient: American Jurisprudence Award).
COURTS IN WHICH ADMITTED TO PRACTICE
Admitted in Tennessee in 1979, U.S. District Court, Eastern District of Tennessee in 1982, U.S. Court of Appeals, Sixth Circuit in 1984.
Member of Coffee County Bar Association; Tennessee Bar Association (1981-1983, Administration of Justice Committee, Chairman 1983), Member, Sections on Estate Planning, Probate and Elder Law; American Bar Association (Member, Sections on Real Property, Probate and Trust Law); Chairman, Attorneys Conference, Tennessee League of Savings Institutions (1991); Fellow, Member, Tennessee Bar Foundation (1993-present).
Tennessee Board of Professional Responsibility Hearing Panel Member (2009-2012).
Tullahoma Regional Planning Commission, 1981-1984
BOARD OF DIRECTORSHIPS
Junior Achievement (1980-1982)
TranStar Communications Corp. (1982-1983)
Enerdyne Corp. (1983-1984)
Quantime, Inc. (1983-1988)
First Federal Savings Bank of Tennessee (1981-1992)
General Service Corp. (1981-1992)
Tullahoma Rotary Club (1993)
Medical Home Health Care, Inc. Advisory Board (1981-1995)
Daun-Ray Casuals, Inc. (1996-1999)
Financial Management Advisers, Inc. (2002-2004)
Tullahoma Education Foundation for Excellence (1997-present)
Motlow State Community College Foundation (2001-2009)
Partners for Healing (501(c)(3) corporation established to provide free medical services to lower income working uninsured) (President 2014-2015, Vice-President 2004-2005, Executive Committee, Board of Directors 2001-present).
Chairman: Advisory Board of Southern Community Bank (2005-2015).
- President, Tullahoma Educational Foundation for Excellence (2016-2021).
- President, Methodist Men’s Club (1980-1982).
- Tullahoma First Methodist Church
- Pastor Parish Committee (1980-1982).
- Administrative Council (1980-1982), (1984-1986) (2015-2018) (2020-Present).
- Vice Chairman (2019-2023)
- Committee on Lay Leadership (2012-2014).
- Law Explorer Post (1981-1982).
- Rotary Foundation Chairman (1993-2001).
- Tullahoma Rotary Club (1980-present, Board of Directors 1993, Paul Harris Fellow).
- Holland Scholarship Committee (Chairman 2017-present; Member 2003-present).
- Member, Grant Committee of Ashley Fund of Community Foundation of Middle Tennessee (2004-present).
Numerous speaking engagements for financial institutions and governmental agencies on estate planning topics, such as the University of Tennessee Space Institute Life Planning Seminars.