Tullahoma Employment Attorneys
Henry & McCord’s employment law practice centers around the representation of private and public employers. Our firm makes every effort to avoid or minimize litigation against our clients through the development of personnel policies, protocols and handbooks.
Our attorneys will work collaboratively with your existing HR state and can provide assistance with management training and with counseling employers prior to employment decisions and/or disciplinary actions.
Henry & McCord also provide litigation services in connection with wrongful discharge claims, breach of employment contracts, discrimination claims and related matters under both federal and state law.
Our firm’s labor and employment practice covers the full range of labor and employment matters, including:
FEDERAL AND STATE AGENCY PRACTICE:
- National Labor Relations Board (NLRB)
- Equal Employment Opportunity Commission (EEOC)
- U.S. Department of Labor (USDOL)
- U.S. Department of Justice (USDOJ)
- Wage and Hour Division (WHD)
- Tennessee Department of Finance & Administration/Office of Inspector General
- Tennessee Department of Labor and Workforce Development
- Tennessee Human Rights Commission
- Other Federal and State agencies enforcing labor and employment laws
For Employers, we:
- Advise client on the development of employee handbooks, social media policies, class action waivers, confidentiality agreements, and other workplace policies and procedures in keeping with current changes as to Federal, state and local laws.
- Statutory compliance with Federal, state and local laws:
Reductions in force/Worker Adjustment and Retraining Notification Act (WARN)
- Wage and hour/Fair Labor Standards Act (FLSA)
- Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA)
- Age Discrimination in Employment (ADEA)
- National Labor Relations Act (NLRB)
- Family and Medical Leave Act (FMLA)
- Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA)
- Affirmative Action planning
- Prepare Executive compensation, employment agreements and restrictive covenants.
- Assist clients with I-9 compliance guidance, internal audits, IRCA compliance and Social Security “mismatch” letters.
- Advise clients on I-9 employment verification procedures.
- Advise clients on the drafting and implementation of Drug and alcohol testing policies.
- Prepare Non-Competition Agreements, Trade Secrets and Unfair Competition.
- Represent clients with respect to claims brought by the government and private litigants under:
- the Fair Labor Standards Act (FLSA);
- the Family and Medical Leave Act (FMLA);
- the Age Discrimination in Employment Act (ADEA);
- the Americans With Disabilities Act (ADA);
- the Worker Adjustment and Retraining Notification Act (WARN);
- Reductions in force.
- Assist in preparation of AAP and Affirmative Action planning.
- Preparation of Severance and Settlement Agreements.
- Advise clients on Trade secrets and protection of confidential and proprietary information.
- Represented client in Tip Pool investigation by Wage and Hour Division.
- Defended service business against wage and hour collective action involving fluctuating workweek method.
- Defended physician practice group against wage and hour collective action involving comp time policy.
- Successfully resolved EEOC and THRC charges of discrimination filed against corporate clients.
- Represented corporate client in NLRB proceeding.
- Represented corporate client in negotiation of collective bargaining agreement with union representation.