January 29-31, 2012
CLIFTON N. MILLER – Clifton N. Miller attended the 18th Annual Acquire or be Acquired Conference by Bank Director Magazine on January 29-31, 2012 in Phoenix, AZ.
The Annual Acquire or be Acquired Conference sponsored by Bank Director Magazine is a three day seminar held each January for bank directors, bank officers and other professionals within the banking industry. Recognized as the financial industry’s premier M&A and growth event, this conference addresses the most important trends in the merger and acquisition landscape and other growth options for financial institutions.
Highlights of the Acquire or be Acquired Conference include:
- M&A Simulation
- Strategic Alternatives for Banks Under $1 Billion in Assets
- Director Liability Workshop: Exploring Board Liabilities Throughout the Deal Process
- What Bank Management and Boards New Know in 2012
- Managing the M&A Process for Success in a Challenging Environment
- Credit Considerations in Bank M&A
2. General Sessions:
- Raising Capital for Banks: Elements of a Successful Offering
- Information Resources for Today’s Financial Leaders
- Your Bank’s Worth – Today and Tomorrow
- Banker’s Panel – The Who, What, When, Why and How of Selling Your Bank
- The Evolution of Private Equity Participation in Bank Capitalization and Acquisitions
3. Breakout Sessions:
- Structuring a Deal in a Volatile Market and Ensuring Walk-Away Power
- M&A Best Practices – From Finding the Deal to Making it Real
- What Buyers Want – And How to Present Your Ban in the Most Favorable Light
- FDIC-Assisted Deals: What Opportunities Remain?
- D&O Liability: What You Need to Know
- Survival Strategies for Community Banks
Clifton N. Miller is a member of the Banking Law Section of the Tennessee Bar Association the American Bar Association. Clifton N. Miller serves as General Counsel for Southern Community Bank.
For more information on these organizations, please click on the following:
Bank Director Magazine: http://www.bankdirector.com/
Tennessee Bar Association: http://www.tba.org/index.html
American Bar Association: http://www.americanbar.org/aba.html/