August 1, 2011
Clifton N. Miller attended the 22nd Annual Summer Law Institute by the Tennessee School Boards Association on July 22-23, 2012 in Gatlinburg, TN.
The Annual Summer Law Institute sponsored by TSBA, in conjunction with the Tennessee Council of School Board Attorneys, is a two-day seminar held each summer for school board attorneys, board members and superintendents. The two-day session includes a summary of case law affecting Tennessee public schools, an update on recent legislation, Attorney General opinions, and various legal issues related to education.
Highlights of the TSBA Summer Law Institute include:
- Legislative Update by Lee Harrell, Director of Government Relations
- – The Professional Educators Collaborative Conferencing Act of 2011
- – Teacher Tenure
- Service Animals and Public Schools by Chris McCarty
- Domestic Relations & the Public Schools by Martha McCampbell
- Students, Teachers and the 4th Amendment by Debra Owen
- The Future of Charter Schools in Tennessee by Rich Haglund, Director of Charter Schools
- Evaluations, Tenure & Collective Bargaining, How will the changes affect public Schools? by D. Scott Bennett and Charles W. Cagle
Clifton N. Miller is a member of the Tennessee Council of School Board Attorneys and the National Council of School Attorneys. Clifton N. Miller serves as General Counsel for the Board of Education for the City of Tullahoma,TN.