Undergraduate Degree in Business Administration from Vanderbilt University in 1976.
Juris Doctor Degree from the University of Tennessee in 1978 (Recipient: American Jurisprudence Award).
Corporate Law, Probate Law, Estate Planning, Commercial Law, Employment Law.
COURTS IN WHICH ADMITTED TO PRACTICE:
Admitted in Tennessee in 1979, U.S. District Court, Eastern District of Tennessee in 1982, U.S. Court of Appeals, Sixth Circuit in 1984.
Member of Coffee County Bar Association; Tennessee Bar Association (1981-1983, Administration of Justice Committee, Chairman 1983), Member, Sections on Probate Tax and Trust; American Bar Association (Member, Sections on Real Property, Probate and Trust Law); Chairman, Attorneys Conference, Tennessee League of Savings Institutions (1991); Fellow, Member, Tennessee Bar Foundation (1993-present).
Tullahoma Regional Planning Commission, 1981-1984
BOARD OF DIRECTORSHIPS:
- Junior Achievement (1980-1982)
- TranStar Communications Corp. (1982-1983)
- Enerdyne Corp. (1983-1984)
- Quantime, Inc. (1983-1988)
- First Federal Savings Bank of Tennessee (1981-1992)
- General Service Corp. (1981-1992)
- Tullahoma Rotary Club (1993)
- Medical Home Health Care, Inc. Advisory Board (1981-1995)
- Daun-Ray Casuals, Inc. (1996-1999)
- Financial Management Advisers, Inc. (2002-2004)
- Tullahoma Education Foundation for Excellence (1997-present)
- Motlow State Community College Foundation (2001-2009)
- Partners for Healing (501(c)(3) corporation established to provide free medical services to lower income working uninsured) (President 2014-2015, Vice-President 2004-2005, Executive Committee, Board of Directors 2001-present).
- Chairman: Advisory Board of Southern Community Bank (2005-present).
- President, Methodist Men’s Club (1980-1982).
- First United Methodist Church
- Pastor Parish Committee (1980-1982).
- Administrative Council (1980-1982), (1984-1986) (2015-2018).
- Committee on Lay Leadership (2012-2014).
- Law Explorer Post (1981-1982).
- Rotary Foundation Chairman (1993-2001).
- Tullahoma Rotary Club (1980-present, Board of Directors 1993, Paul Harris Fellow).
- Holland Scholarship Committee (2003-present).